Hiscock & Barclay is committed to recruiting, promoting, mentoring and retaining women attorneys. The Women’s Forum was formed to create an environment for sharing ideas about personal and professional lives in a gender specific environment. Our goal is to provide meaningful interaction and mentoring opportunities to assist our women attorneys in developing successful strategies regarding leadership development, client development, professional development and marketing.
It’s also a forum for the sharing of information, experiences and problem-solving ideas related to work life balance. It affords members opportunities to strengthen and develop skills in an inclusive environment. Over the past few months, the Forum has held a number of internal and external events, including a recent all day session featuring nationally-recognized speaker and author Deborah Epstein Henry, Founder & President of Law & Reorder, who spoke on the topic of “Networking and Business Development for Women: Beyond Rubber Chicken Dinners.”
Hiscock & Barclay’s Women’s Forum was formed to create an environment for sharing ideas about personal and professional lives in a gender specific setting. The goal is to provide meaningful interaction and mentoring opportunities to assist our female attorneys in developing successful strategies regarding leadership, client and professional development as well as marketing. It also serves as a forum for the sharing of information, experiences and problem-solving ideas related to work life balance.
We hold a series of events throughout the year. If you are interested in more information or attending, please contact any of our women attorneys.
Each year H&B’s Women’s Forum hosts a series of networking events. These events provide an excellent opportunity for women professionals to network and socialize with women from a wide range of businesses, not-for-profit corporations and local governments, while enjoying local historical buildings and museums. We encourage guests who attend our events to extend the invitation to other women who might be interested in learning more about Hiscock & Barclay and meeting other professionals in their area. Our Rochester office hosted an event in April and our Syracuse office hosted an event in May. We currently are planning events for our Albany office in September, our Syracuse office in November, and our Buffalo office next Spring. If you are interested in learning more about the Women's Forum or attending an upcoming event, please contact any of our women attorneys.
- Hiscock & Barclay Partners McAuliffe and Sullivan To Speak On Bioscience and Medical Technology Startups at MedTech Association Annual Conference
- Kathleen Weber Joins Hiscock & Barclay as Associate in Syracuse
- F. Paul Vellano III Joins Hiscock & Barclay as Associate in Syracuse
- Amber Ezell Joins Hiscock & Barclay as a Patent Agent
- Fourth Department Holds That Insurer Was Timely Notified of the "Occurrence," "Claim" and "Suit"
- New York Federal Court Restricts Application of Runner Doctrine: Labor Law 240(1) Inapplicable When Object Is Not on a Fall or Descent
- New York Expands Human Rights Law Protections to Interns
- Consequential Damage Claim Permitted Against Liability Insurer for Breach of Covenant of Good Faith