Hiscock & Barclay is committed to recruiting, promoting, mentoring and retaining women attorneys. The Women’s Forum was formed to create an environment for sharing ideas about personal and professional lives in a gender specific environment. Our goal is to provide meaningful interaction and mentoring opportunities to assist our women attorneys in developing successful strategies regarding leadership development, client development, professional development and marketing.
It’s also a forum for the sharing of information, experiences and problem-solving ideas related to work life balance. It affords members opportunities to strengthen and develop skills in an inclusive environment. Over the past few months, the Forum has held a number of internal and external events, including a recent all day session featuring nationally-recognized speaker and author Deborah Epstein Henry, Founder & President of Law & Reorder, who spoke on the topic of “Networking and Business Development for Women: Beyond Rubber Chicken Dinners.”
Hiscock & Barclay’s Women’s Forum was formed to create an environment for sharing ideas about personal and professional lives in a gender specific setting. The goal is to provide meaningful interaction and mentoring opportunities to assist our female attorneys in developing successful strategies regarding leadership, client and professional development as well as marketing. It also serves as a forum for the sharing of information, experiences and problem-solving ideas related to work life balance.
We hold a series of events throughout the year. If you are interested in more information or attending, please contact any of our women attorneys.
Each year H&B’s Women’s Forum hosts a series of networking events. These events provide an excellent opportunity for women professionals to network and socialize with women from a wide range of businesses, not-for-profit corporations and local governments, while enjoying local historical buildings and museums. We encourage guests who attend our events to extend the invitation to other women who might be interested in learning more about Hiscock & Barclay and meeting other professionals in their area. Our Rochester office hosted an event in April and our Syracuse office hosted an event in May. We currently are planning events for our Albany office in September, our Syracuse office in November, and our Buffalo office next Spring. If you are interested in learning more about the Women's Forum or attending an upcoming event, please contact any of our women attorneys.
- John Gutkoski Joins Hiscock & Barclay as Partner in Boston as Firm Continues to Expand Its Intellectual Property Practice
- Hiscock & Barclay Named to List of “Best Law Firms”
- Hennessey and Burch to Present at Program on “Mineral Rights: What Every Mineral Owner and Lessee Needs to Know Now”
- Hiscock & Barclay Attorneys To Participate In START-UP NY Webinar
- Second Circuit Certifies Workers’ Compensation Derivative Liability Question to New York Court of Appeals
- Owners of Domestic Animals May Be Held Liable Under Ordinary Tort Principles
- Appellate Court Upholds Policy Exclusion for Enforcement of Ordinance or Law Regulating Repair of Building
- New York Court of Appeals Construes Vandalism Coverage Under Property Policy