Hiscock & Barclay is committed to recruiting, promoting, mentoring and retaining women attorneys. The Women’s Forum was formed to create an environment for sharing ideas about personal and professional lives in a gender specific environment. Our goal is to provide meaningful interaction and mentoring opportunities to assist our women attorneys in developing successful strategies regarding leadership development, client development, professional development and marketing.
It’s also a forum for the sharing of information, experiences and problem-solving ideas related to work life balance. It affords members opportunities to strengthen and develop skills in an inclusive environment. Every few months, the Forum holds a number of internal and external events, including an all day session featuring nationally-recognized speaker and author Deborah Epstein Henry, Founder & President e of Law & Reorder, who spoke on the topic of “Networking and Business Development for Women: Beyond Rubber Chicken Dinners.”
Hiscock & Barclay’sWomen’s Forum was formed to create an environment for sharing ideas about personal and professional lives in a gender specific setting. The goal is to provide meaningful interaction and mentoring opportunities to assist our women attorneys in developing successful strategies regarding leadership, client and professional development as well as marketing. It also serves as a forum for the sharing of information, experiences and problem-solving ideas related to work life balance. One of the outcomes of these sessions was our Alternative Work arrangement, which allows for a flexible work schedule, and ten percent of our Associates have taken advantage of this arrangement.
Each year H&B’s Women’s Forum hosts a series of networking events. These events provide an excellent opportunity for women professionals to network and socialize with women from a wide range of businesses, not-for-profit corporations and local governments, while enjoying local historical buildings and museums. We encourage guests who attend our events to extend the invitation to other women who might be interested in learning more about Hiscock & Barclay and meeting other professionals in their area. Our Albany, Buffalo, Rochester and Syracuse offices host annual events, if you are interested in learning more about the Women's Forum or attending an upcoming event, please contact any of our women attorneys.
- Experienced Professional Engineer and IP Attorney Thomas Hoehner Joins Hiscock & Barclay as Partner
- Heather Sunser Promoted to Partner at Hiscock & Barclay
- David Burch Promoted to Partner at Hiscock & Barclay
- Hiscock & Barclay Welcomes New Associate Amanda Mirabito
- Supreme Court Raises Stakes of USPTO TTAB Proceedings, Says Determinations Can Have Preclusive Effect in Lawsuits
- If You Have Franchisees or Lease Employees, the NLRB May Soon Consider You a “Joint Employer.”
- New York Court of Appeals Affirms Appellate Division Finding That Plaintiff Failed to Establish a Serious Injury Under Insurance Law 5102
- Appellate Division Dismisses Trip-and-Fall Complaint Where Plaintiff Could Not Identify Cause of Fall